Samuels Yoelin Kantor LLP. Business and Corporate Services

FINRA Securities Arbitration

When investment losses occur in a stock brokerage account, claims for investment losses usually have to be filed in a FINRA arbitration proceeding rather than court. That is because virtually every firm’s forms that you must sign when you open an investment account have a provision stating that you agree to go to arbitration rather than court if there is ever a dispute.

No practicing lawyer anywhere knows more about FINRA arbitration than we do. Robert S. Banks, Jr. has been a FINRA arbitrator himself for more than 20 years. More importantly, he has served on FINRA’s National Arbitration and Mediation Committee for 8 years, where he advises FINRA on the arbitration rules. In fact, he has chaired the Rules and Procedures Subcommittee, and has been involved in drafting a good portion of the arbitration code. And, Banks chaired FINRA’s task force that wrote the arbitrator training materials that exist today. Beyond that, Banks was appointed as FINRA’s first chair of its Discovery Task Force, which reviews and suggests revisions to all of the discovery rules in FINRA arbitration.

If headed to arbitration, it is critical that you have counsel who is specifically experienced in arbitration. That experience is available to you at 800.647.8130 with a free initial consultation.