Retirement & Employee Benefit Plans
Our retirement planning attorneys focus on the needs of the small business owner, who may not otherwise be able to implement a retirement plan. In meeting our clients’ needs, our lawyers have developed extensive expertise in the design, implementation, and maintenance of 401(k), profit sharing, money purchase pension plans and assorted non-qualified plans, such as phantom stock plans and stock appreciate rights.
A growing part of our practice is the representation of employers and plan fiduciaries in connection with the new and expanded compliance programs instituted by the Internal Revenue Service and the Department of Labor.
Attorneys who work in this practice area:
Our Retirement and Employee Benefit Plan related legal services include:
- Designing tax-qualified 401(k), profit-sharing and money purchase pension plans
- Drafting and implementing 401(k), profit-sharing and money purchase pension plans
- Obtaining the IRS’ approval for retirement plans
- Updating and maintaining retirement plans to comply with changes in the Internal Revenue Code or new IRS regulations
- Advising clients on compliance and reporting matters for retirement plans
- Advising clients on non-qualified retirement plan matters and drafting and implementing such plans