Alan M. Spinrad brings more than 30 years of experience as an attorney, arbitrator and mediator to serve his real estate industry clients. He regularly handles a broad range of real estate transactions on behalf of buyers, sellers, landlords, tenants, and borrowers. His clients include individuals, developers, real estate professionals, and a wide range of business entities. A skilled mediator, he also works to bring opposing parties together to resolve disputes outside of the courtroom.
Alan studied advanced mathematical methods at Carnegie-Mellon University, where he received his Bachelor of Science and Master of Science in Industrial Administration. He then worked as a mathematical economist for an urban planning consulting firm, prior to law school at the University of Oregon. As a lawyer, Alan spent five years as a prosecutor before joining Samuels Yoelin Kantor in 1984. Alan litigated for the firm for a number of years, handling cases involving business and real estate disputes. That litigation experience has provided valuable insights for his transactional practice.
Alan enjoys time with his family, the outdoors, travel, and trying to learn other languages. He loves playing guitar and is a founding member of the Klickitat Street Basement Band.
Alan can be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- American Bar Association
- Multnomah, Clackamas, and Washington County Courts (Arbitrator)
- Oregon Court of Appeals (Mediator)
- Oregon Mediation Association
- Oregon State Bar Association (Member, Sections on Alternate Dispute Resolution, Construction, and Real Estate)
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States District Court for the District of Oregon
- United States Tax Court
- University of Oregon School of Law (J.D., 1978)
- Carnegie-Mellon University (M.S.I.A., 1974)
- Carnegie-Mellon University (B.S., 1971)
- Admitted to Oregon State Bar (1978)